Honor and Memorial Gifts
Honor and memorial gifts are wonderful tributes to loved ones as well as a great investment in precious young lives. These donations are given in memory of a person or as a remembrance of a special occasion. A card of acknowledgment is promptly sent to the person or family being remembered.
Honor Gifts Form
Planning For Your Future
The Top Ten Reasons Many People Do Not Write A Will
Did you know that as many as 60 percent of Americans who die each year do not have a valid will. The consequences of not planning your estate can be devastating. People who fail to plan their estate often use excuses and invalid arguments like these:
- I don't want to deal with the subject of death.
- My estate is too small to go through the trouble.
- Only people with children or spouses need a will.
- I'm afraid that the decisions I make in planning my estate will only tear our family apart or cause problems.
- I'm too young to think about dying. There are many years to go before I need to begin to think about my death.
- Who has the time to plan a will?
- I can't afford a will and besides, I don't like lawyers!
- My survivors can handle my estate as they wish after I'm gone.
- The whole process is too difficult for me to understand. If I can't understand it, I don't need to do it.
- The court will distribute my assets in accordance with my wishes anyway.
All of these arguments against planning your estate have grave consequences to your family and your interests. According to the laws of the State of Alabama, if you die without a will the following things can happen:
- The courts decide the person to execute your estate and will decide the distribution of your assets and the guardianship of any minor children or dependents.
- Your survivors are burdened with needless work, expense and trouble.
- If you die leaving no living relatives, ownership of your estate can be transferred to the State of Alabama.
- If you die without a will, no charitable organizations like the Boys and Girls Ranches of Alabama will be considered, regardless of your lifetime giving patterns.
Please take the time and plan your estate in accordance with your wishes. Please do not hesitate to call us at 1-800-548-4256 if you need help in planning your estate.
If you would like to receive a free copy of "What You've Always Wanted to Know About Wills" email us.